3D Scanning for Reverse Engineering Service
3D scanning lets you reverse-engineer a new version of an existing part that is either identical to the original or one with specified changes.
Using our state-of-the-art 3D scanners, we can generate detailed, fully accurate shape data from almost any component. This can then go through the reverse-engineering process to first turn it into a solid computer model before being used to guide a computerised remanufacturing process such as CNC machining and rapid prototyping.
3D scanning is ideal if you want to replicate a complex or unusual part that can’t easily be captured by manual measuring, and for which you don’t have access to the original plans.
We have 3D scanned, reverse-engineered and helped recreate hundreds of items including castings, moulds, CNC machined parts, profiles for laser cutting and much more.
How it Works
- We use our advanced 3D scanning systems to capture detailed shape data on your component. You can bring your item to our workshop, or we can travel to you. The scanning process can be completely contactless.
- Almost anything can be scanned. Scanned items can be almost any size as long as we can get clear sight of the required surfaces. Traditionally difficult surfaces such as carbon fibre and mirrors can now be scanned with minimal or no preparation. We are happy to advise you on what is possible.
- We edit the data to make it usable for your chosen design and manufacturing process. For example, we can import your data into CAD software and make a working CAD model.
- The CAD model is used to manage a manufacturing process such as CNC machining or 3D Printing. You can manage this yourself, we can suggest a third-party workshop or we can support you ourselves, using our own on-site CNC facilities.
- If required we can also offer a 2D machining drawing service.