Eyebolt bush fitment
Here’s the quick way to do it! (20 minutes per side)
- Remove the nut/bolt through the rear of the tie rod.
- Tap the tie rod outwards to free it from the clevis.
- Remove all nuts/bolts holding the front part of the lower arm on.
- Leave the rear nut on the lower trunnion.
- Remove the front part of the lower arm.
- Support the rear part of the lower arm on a stable jack.
- Remove the lower trunnion rear nut and free the trunnion from the arm.
- Carefully lower and remove the jack.
- Mark the lower arm and torsion bar to allow reassembly in the correct position.
- Using a copper faced hammer, drive the arm rearwards along the torsion bar.
- When the torsion bar is free, the eyebolt pin can be removed.
- Replace the bushes and reverse the proceedure for reassembly.