Front drum brake adjusters

The following was sent in by Christopher Gallagher from Irvine, Scotland:

If you have a mini that either you or a previous owner has rounded the brake adjusters on, there is a way to shift them. If you have access to a mig welder, simply bash (is this a technical term, Christopher?!) a tight fitting nut over the rounded adjuster (wheel nuts are ideal) and weld it on! With a good ratchet it will shift in no time.

This technique works fine on the exposed adjuster, but one on each side is hidden behind the steering arm. You can still do this with the backplate off the car, but be sure the nut is not so deep that it fouls the steering arm.

Alternatively, you could just buy our new backplates !!!